How To Measure Social Media Success with Seth Muse
Knowing where your church wants to go helps with social media SO. MUCH. When you know where your church’s goals, it allows you to better plan out the content you need to create. It enables you to understand what to track and where to improve.
Successful social media communication starts with a goal and measuring along the way. How can church communicators get better at this?
Talking Social Media Success
Recently, Seth Muse invited me to be on his podcast, The Seminary of Hard Knocks. We talked through measuring success on social media for churches, and how it fits into growth strategies.
We also covered what to measure, and how to get help so you can keep an eye on your strategies.
Our discussion covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time! To give you a taste of what we talked about, here are some key timestamps:
- 6:15 – What a successful social media strategy looks like.
- 10:00 – Where to start when a church wants to grow social accounts.
- 13:42 – Context and community determine success.
- 17:34 – The need for authenticity and transparency benefits churches, regardless of budget.
- 19:35 – How to measure when hitting goals (including big goals and little goals).
- 25:54 – How to set realistic goals (or adjust unrealistic goals).
- 31:20 – Opportunity mindset to roll with social media changes as a part of the overall strategy.
We had fun talking through this topic, and I hope you’ll enjoy it as well. Ready to listen? Here’s how!
- Apple Podcasts
- From Seth’s episode page, which also has the show notes.
More Helpful Resources
You can check out all of my past social media articles here. You’ll find content idea starters, strategic tips, and more.
Need guidance to make the necessary strategic changes? Scroll down and hit the button below to set up a free consultation.
Improve how your church connects with your community!
You have a vision, but are you overwhelmed with how to bring it to life? Maybe you're second-guessing the tactics. Or simply don't know what you don't know.
Firm Foundations Marketing helps churches cut through the clutter to develop effective messaging strategies that help your church reach, engage, and retain people for the gospel.