11 engaging social media prompts for Thanksgiving
Need some social media Thanksgiving ideas for your church? Here are 11 to get those ideas flowing like gravy on your mashed potatoes!
Want to get people talking on your social pages? As we count down the days to Thanksgiving, leverage the timeliness of the holiday to start conversations and make connections with your audience.
Why start conversations? Having an active, engaged social media audience shows Facebook, Instagram, etc., that your page fosters community through quality content. This sets your church up to reach more people and share invitations to check out your church.
Check out these idea starters below. And to make it even easier, we can email you this handy list!
Social Media Thanksgiving prompts
- Favorite side dish?
- What’s your go-to part of the turkey?
- Whole or jellied cranberry sauce?
- What’s the most “untraditional” Thanksgiving food on your menu?
- What are some ways you’ve taught the children in your family to be thankful?
- What are you thanking God for this Thanksgiving?
- What will be on TV at your house? Parades or football?
- Favorite thanksgiving memory?
- How would you describe your Thanksgiving style? Dressy or comfy? Or something altogether different?
- What are some ways you keep a spirit of thankfulness throughout the year?
- Here’s your chance! Give a shout out here to someone you’re thankful for!
ProTip: Ask for help driving engagement! Recruit a few people with your church to engage with your posts. This will both up your visibility and give your audience examples of what you’re looking for in the comments.
The great thing about these prompts is you can preschedule the posts throughout the weekend so you can enjoy your time with family and friends without worrying about “what to post” when you could be making decisions about which slice of pie to enjoy next.
Think this was helpful? Then you’ll love the 40 days of Social Media Prompts for Christmas included in the FREE Ultimate Christmas Kit we put together with our friends at Church Marketing University. Check it out!